Wednesday, April 8, 2009

DroboPro: The Perfect Backup System


I bought my first Drobo in January of 2008. This was a first generation Drobo. I'm glad to report that I have never had a problem. The backup system has worked flawlessly. Two (or three) generations later, the Drobo makers have come out with a new eight-drive backup monster called DroboPro. If I had the money, I would buy a couple of these babies and kiss backup issues goodbye forever. Until that day comes, I'll keep using the backup system I have written about in earlier blogs and imagine a couple of these beauties sitting on my desktop someday: Empty (with no hard drives installed) $1,299.00; Fully loaded (with eight Western Digital 500 GB hard drives installed) Price: $1,949.00. Click here for more information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you recommend a backup system fr a normal mortal like me?

David Sunfellow said...

I use the WiebeTech's RTX200 in combination with a first generation Drobo. I use these two for my photography and video work, backing up photos and videos. For my laptop, which is what I do all my internet, correspondence, and scheduling work on, I use a simple, portable 250 GB drive made by Western Digital. Western Digital and Seagate are the only hard drive manufacturers I use. I religiously AVOID Maxtor and LaCie, who have both produced drives that have failed on me repeatedly...