Wednesday, March 23, 2011

GelaSkin for iPad Sunfellow

After a year of waiting for Apple to come out with their second generation iPad, which includes a built-in camera, I lined up and bought an iPad 2 with WI-FI via their online store. It arrived a few days ago and is beautiful. I love it. In a future update, I plan to post a list of my favorite apps.  For now, I thought some of you might be interested in knowing where I ordered a protective cover for the back of the iPad, which is made of beautiful, albeit slippery, aluminum. I ordered the back cover via GelaSkins, which allows you to select from a large gallery of images, or upload your own. I chose to upload my own (included below). The cost, not including shipping, was a surprisingly inexpensive $19.95! Better, GelaSkins also offers stylish clothing for lots of other products, including iPhones, iPods, cell phones, laptops, netbooks, tablets, eReaders, and more.

My only complaint: most of the images that GelaSkins offers -- at least the first few hundred I rummaged through -- were dominated by what I considered to be unattractive, modernistic images -- so I applied to be one of their artists and see if they would like to expand their gallery offerings to include at least a few Native American rock art images from Sedona. We'll see what happens...


No comments: