Monday, November 29, 2010

Ken Rockwell: "The D7000 Is Nikon's Best DSLR Ever"


EXCERPTS:

The D7000 is Nikon's most advanced camera at any price. The fact that it sells for $1,200 make it a no-brainer, which is why it's sold out. The D7000 is Nikon's best DSLR ever.

Unlike 2009's crappy D3000, Nikon really did their homework these past couple of years on the D7000, and everything about it just works better than older cameras, technically, artistically and ergonomically.

The D7000 has the highest linear resolution of any Nikon DSLR, and more overall resolution than any other Nikon under $7,500. The Nikon D7000 has technical performance better than every other Nikon DSLR priced under $7,500, and handles better than any Nikon DSLR, regardless of price.

The D7000 certainly replaces the old D300s, at a lower price for even higher technical and ergonomic performance...

...

For most people, the D7000 is the camera to get, regardless of price, while FX is still the go-to camera for full-time pros. 

...

There is a focus motor in the D7000, so it works with every AF lens made since 1986.

Even better, there's an aperture-ring feeler, so it meters with all AI and newer (1977-on) manual-focus lenses. 

...

...I get free, live backup of everything I shoot because I record it to two cards simultaneously.

I can download and reformat one card and not worry if I backup my computer that day, because if I drop my MacBook Pro into McGee Creek, it's all still on the second card in my camera. I never worry about backing-up until I return from the field.

...

One of the biggest stand-out features of the Nikon D7000 is its fantastic autofocus system.

Whatever Nikon has done under the hood has made it the best, fastest, most precise and most accurate focus system of any Nikon.

This becomes more apparent as you've shot more cameras for longer; it's a subtle thing, but something I very much notice.

It feels about the same or better than my professional Nikon D3, and worlds faster in actual use than my Nikon D300.

Read Ken Rockwell's complete review here.

3 comments:

Top Rated Cameras said...

This is truly one of the best camera from Nikon. Been thinking of upgrading from D90 to D7000 but the budget couldn't afford too much. Just thinking if the D7000 would suit amateur photographers like me. Do you think it is too much for a beginner like me? I think D90 is too much already but I can't help to drool over this awesome piece of camera. :) What do you think? BTW, you got a nice looking blog! Keep it up! :)

David Sunfellow said...

My advice: upgrade (if you can afford it). The D90 is a solid, reliable, great shooting camera. But the D7000 significantly raises the bar, on multiple fronts. I really like the speed, the shutter action, the two card slots, it's low light shooting capabilities, the movie capacities, including the ability to focus and add an external microphone, and on and on. The D7000 definitely has features that most amateur shooters will not need or use. On the other hand, it is super versatile (and easy to use), so amateurs can get a lot of mileage out of it without needing to use all the bells and whistles. Bottom line: this camera can be used by both pros and amateurs, so why not have a camera that meet your current needs and also offers you versatility and room to grow? The D7000 is now my primary camera. I also shoot with two D90s, which I also love. I can do everything with the D7000 -- and almost everything with the D90s. Hope this helps and thanks for the kind comments about this blog!

Baskaran Krishnamurthy said...

Fantastic DAVID. Has every camera has its own uniqueness but I learned from u D7000 is a unique one available at affordable rate. Thanks for sharing your views and it shows your experience in the field of PHOTOGRAPHY.