Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sony HVR-Z5U / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5U / HDR-FX1000
3-CMOS Pro HDV Camcorders

Before I went full time as a photographer, I used to shoot video, so I couldn't resist posting this B&H video that introduces two new HD cameras from Sony. While there are several wow! features on these new cameras, I was especially interested in their ability to shoot to both tape and flash card AT THE SAME TIME, thereby recording footage on two separate sources. Sony has also improved the ability of their cameras to shoot in low light which has been a major problem for the HD format. While Nikon has won me over in the photography world, Sony is the only pro level camera I would buy. The pricetag: $4,299.00 for the HVR-Z5U and $3,199.00 for the HDR-FX1000. Take a look:

Sony HVR-Z5U / HDR-FX1000

No comments: